Carpet Cleaning Whitby Area
Whether you just bought a house, or you want to enhance the look of your current home, purchasing a carpet is a great to do it. In the carpet cleaning Whitby region, many customers look for two things during their carpet shopping journey; colour and texture. Little do they know, there is more to carpet than those two qualities, the type of carpet fibre matters as well.
Our experts at Clean My Carpet have studied four main fibre types found in modern carpets today. Below you will find the types, and some facts about them.
This fibre accounts for about 35% of the market. It is the second most popular fibre type next to nylon.
- Olefin is water resistant. This is great for people who love to host events in their homes and people who have young children.
- Olefin has the ability to withstand very strong chemicals.
- Does not lose its colour. This point is one of the reasons why olefin is so popular today. Many carpets fade overtime, but with this fibre, you can guarantee a long lasting carpet.
Wool accounts for about 1-2% of the market. Due to the durability of wool, it is recommended by many carpet experts– especially if you have pets.
Wool may not seem too popular due the percentage of people who purchase it, however, there are still tens of millions of yards that are produced and sell each year.
- Wool lasts a very long time
- It has the ability to hide soil very well
- It is flame and fire resistant
- Wool is extremely warm
Many people have heard of this fibre type. Polyester is very popular and accounts for about 12% of the market.
Polyester is said to be a great choice for areas that have stain concerns, and are low in traffic. An example of an area like this would be your linen closet or even your bedroom.
Due to the fact that polyester is so soft, it often used in many upholstery items.
- Semi-resistant to high chemicals
- Very soft
- Stain resistant
This is the most popular fibre type. Nylon accounts for about 63% of the market. At Clean My Carpet, Nylon is referred to as “the most durable fibre type.”
Nylon is a great choice for very heavy traffic areas within your home. Placing this fibre type in your family room is recommended by carpet experts.
- Extremely durable
- Very easy to clean
- Wide variety of colours available
- Does not attract many soils
As a soon to be carpet owner, you will need to have a lot of carpet fibre knowledge so that you can refrain from making the wrong choice. Take note of the information that has been displayed above by our experts at Clean My Carpet.
You should strive to know and understand the fibres that are used for the purpose of making carpets.
Remember, simply choosing a carpet that “looks good” is not enough.